Information Systems Analyst II/III (Web Developer)
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 01380-E
Location: CA, CA
Department: Information Technology
Closing: 12/10/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Software Services Unit (Position Code 0730)
Information Systems Analyst II: $9,249.07 – $11,840.40 monthly
Information Systems Analyst III: $10,204.13 – $13,067.60 monthly
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
*To protect our most valuable assets, our employees, as well as the communities we serve, Valley Water requires all new hired Valley Water personnel to be fully vaccinated (for COVID -19) or to be formally excused from the requirement through the **reasonable accommodation process (for details, see bottom of job posting)
Do you enjoy working with multi-disciplinary project teams to create excellent software solutions? Do you have 3 or more years of web application administration, content creation or development experience with an excellent track record of supporting your team and customers? If so, check out this unique opportunity.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced web developer or cloud systems administrator who can communicate and collaborate across the organization effectively, as well as translate technical language for non-technical people. They will be highly motivated, customer-oriented, independent yet highly effective in a team environment, and a self-starter, problem-solver, and quick-learner with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, hands-on experience with administering enterprise systems such as Salesforce (customer relationship management) and OnBase (enterprise content management) are a strong plus for this position.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain and support Valley Water websites and web applications.
• Optimize web pages for fast performance.
• Ensure all web pages are well tested and function as designed.
• Troubleshoot application issues, coding issues and implement fixes.
• Create, support, and maintain API interfaces among different Software and tools.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend 3rd party software solution to meet business needs.
• Create detailed documentation and share technical expertise with the team.
• Support enterprise systems.
• Perform other duties to support the IT division.
Ideal Candidate’s Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
Ideal Experience Level II:
• Three (3) years or more of web technologies and/or software development experience.
• Three (3) years or more of website design and management experience.
• Three (3) years or more of Drupal or similar web content management system administration and development experience is ideal.
Ideal Skills, Abilities & Knowledge Level II
• Understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, AJAX, and JSON.
• Familiarity of various web application administrative interfaces (Zoom, Salesforce, Survey Monkey, etc.)
• Strong backend skills including PHP and integration with REST APIs or web services.
• Able to build responsive websites.
• Familiar or have worked with SharePoint, Asana, or other project management tools.
• Good communications skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Work and collaborate with other business units.
• Juggle multiple competing priorities and/or projects without missing deadlines or key milestones.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Able to work during off-hours upon request.
Ideal Experience Level III
• Five (5) years or more of web technologies and/or software development experience.
• Five (5) years or more of website design and management experience.
• Five (5) years or more of Drupal or similar web content management system administration and development experience is ideal.
• Enterprise system (such as Salesforce CRM or OnBase ECM) administration experience.
• Oracle APEX application development experience.
• Oracle database or MySQL database experience.
Ideal Skills, Abilities & Knowledge Level III
In addition to the knowledge and skills for Information Systems Analyst II:
• Linux knowledge.
• Cloud computing technologies such as Software as a Service (SaaS).
• Methods and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of software applications.
• Principles and procedures for quality assurance and computer/system security.
• Methods and techniques of application development, design, and programming.
• Principles and procedures of quality assurance and security related to computer, and information systems.
• Standard graphics mark-up languages, programming languages and tools related to Internet systems.
• Internet security principles, protocols, methods, and procedures.
• Principles, practices, and responsibilities involved in leading the work of assigned staff.
• Attention to detail and an appreciation for design and beautiful user experience.
• Excellent in modern web design and integration in product development.
• Expert knowledge of web content development, Drupal modules configuration, and cloud services.
• Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
Education (Level II & Level III):
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
Directly related experience may be substituted for the college requirement on the basis of one and one-half years of experience for one year of education
Required License or Certificate
• Acquia certification is highly desirable.
• PMP certification or other IT certifications is a plus.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license. Individuals who do not meet the driver’s license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To review the Classification Specification, please click http://apps2.valleywater.org/About_Us/_Jobs/Salary_and_classification/_Spec_PDFs/Information Systems Analyst I-II-III – 5-2019.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:* Fully vaccinated means (1) it has been at least two weeks since a person has completed the entire recommended series of a COVID-19 vaccine, and (2) the person has provided proof of vaccination in a form consistent with the requirements for verification of vaccine status in the State of California’s July 26, 2021 Public Health Officer Order.**Limited Exemptions to Vaccination RequirementAn individual who has been provided a job offer may request a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement if they:1. Have a contraindication recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or by the vaccine’s manufacturer to every approved COVID-19 vaccine. A contraindication means a condition that makes vaccination inadvisable;2. Have a disability and are requesting an exception as a reasonable accommodation based upon this disability; or,3. Object to COVID-19 vaccination based on their sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Valley Water’s Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2639001
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
See Position Description